Parkway Baptist Church is a Bible-based body of Christian Believers committed to winning souls for Christ by reaching out to the community and the world to build the kingdom of God.
We are a ministry of compassionate care that transforms human life by meeting the physical and spiritual needs of others.
We are called to carry out the Great Commission by spreading the good news of eternal life and developing people to become disciples for Christ.
We believe in a social gospel that compels us “...to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.” Micah 6:8
What We've Achieved
- October 11, 1959 Parkway Baptist Chapel (later named Parkway Baptist Church) was dedicated in a residence at 1 Brooklawn Drive in Levittown (now Willingboro), New Jersey. The founding pastor was Rev. J. Kenneth Mart.
- September 18, 1960 Groundbreaking for the present location took place.
- August 27, 1961 the cornerstone was laid.
- October 15, 1961 the first worship service in the new location.
- November 19, 1961 dedication took place.
- Rev. mart pastored the Church from April, 1959 to February, 1969. The church was subsequently pastored by Rev. Clifford Davis from July, 1969 to July, 1972; Rev. J. Randolph Elliott from November 1972 to March 1980; and Rev. Joseph Yundt from April, 1981 to March, 2015.
- On October 7, 2015, Parkway extended the call to Rev. Dr. Le’ Roi L. Gill, our fifth and present pastor. Under his leadership we celebrate our glorious past and a new vision for the future.